Folgate Insurance Company has been assigned a financial strength rating (FSR) of B (Fair) and a long-term issuer credit rating (long-term ICR) of “BB+” by A.M. Best.
The ratings service noted that the outlook assigned to the credit ratings is stable.
Earlier this week Folgate revealed it would launch in December and that it had entered a partnership with MS Amlin starting on 1 January 2019.
According to A.M. Best, the ratings reflect Folgate’s balance sheet strength, which it categorised as
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- In Person: Simon Cooter and Carolyn Callan, Covéa
- BGL launches new short-term motor insurance brand