Folgate Insurance Company has been assigned a financial strength rating (FSR) of B (Fair) and a long-term issuer credit rating (long-term ICR) of “BB+” by A.M. Best.
The ratings service noted that the outlook assigned to the credit ratings is stable.
Earlier this week Folgate revealed it would launch in December and that it had entered a partnership with MS Amlin starting on 1 January 2019.
According to A.M. Best, the ratings reflect Folgate’s balance sheet strength, which it categorised as
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Ardonagh losses rise to £44.5m in H1 2019
- Brightside hires new MD of broking as Russell Bence exits
- FSCS set to compensate Alpha Insurance latent defect insurance policyholders
- Gauntlet expands into Wales with two new ARs
- Bravo Group spent £53m on deals in 2018
- Call Connection's administration extension confirmed
- GRP buys risk management firm H&S Click