This week private equity firm and PIB backer The Carlyle Group bought a majority stake in Sedgwick for $6.7bn (£5.15bn).
The deal sees previous majority shareholder KKR, an investor in Ardonagh Group, exit the business.
Funds managed by Stone Point Capital and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec – which recently took a “significant minority stake” in Hyperion for £298m – and Sedgwick management remain minority investors.
4) Axa to complet
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover