A man has been sentenced to 26 months in prison for defrauding a combined £129,000 from three insurance firms that he worked for and lying to their clients about fictitious medical treatment costs that they were liable to pay.
Yesterday (28 August 2018) Iain Wishlade, 52, of Wetherel Road, Burton-on-Trent, was sentenced at Stafford Crown Court.
The sentencing follows an investigation by City of London Police’s Insurance Fraud Enforcement Department (IFED).
IFED declined to name the three
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Government reveals recalculated Ogden rate
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- Lloyd’s strategy change gets market backing
- Danish regulator orders Gefion not to expand its business volume
- Chris Guillaume formally hands over CEO role
- CRL close to finding replacement for Alpha policies
- FCA issues fresh clone broker warning