The bankruptcy of unrated Danish provider Alpha Insurance has sent ripples through the UK insurance market.
The writing was on the wall for Alpha, whose specialisms included motor fleet and particularly taxi, at the start of March this year when it stopped writing new business and renewals.
After a filing by its liquidators all existing cover was immediately terminated on 8 May, which prompted a crisis in the UK taxi market where many drivers were suddenly left uninsured.
Brokers stated that
- Aviva grows mid-market appetite
- MRIB buys Independents
- Ex-Enterprise non-exec chairman Nick Cruz sues Gibraltar regulator for libel
- Unauthorised broker targets customers on Instagram
- Acturis set to seek new minority PE investor
- Saffron buys Farmer Insurance Brokers
- Biba warns of 'uncharted waters' as Theresa May's Brexit deal is rejected