The bankruptcy of unrated Danish provider Alpha Insurance has sent ripples through the UK insurance market.
The writing was on the wall for Alpha, whose specialisms included motor fleet and particularly taxi, at the start of March this year when it stopped writing new business and renewals.
After a filing by its liquidators all existing cover was immediately terminated on 8 May, which prompted a crisis in the UK taxi market where many drivers were suddenly left uninsured.
Brokers stated that
The editorial team get their teeth into the top stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- FCA warns of Moneysupermarket clone
- Documents reveal government actuary recommended a 0.25% discount rate
- Fact file: What’s the story with the Ogden Rate?
- Construction firm unable to find insurance due to lack of capacity
- Hastings expects £8.4m hit from Ogden rate change
- Insurers disappointed by the new discount rate
- US-firm AssuredPartners buys Hettle Andrews