The bankruptcy of unrated Danish provider Alpha Insurance has sent ripples through the UK insurance market.
The writing was on the wall for Alpha, whose specialisms included motor fleet and particularly taxi, at the start of March this year when it stopped writing new business and renewals.
After a filing by its liquidators all existing cover was immediately terminated on 8 May, which prompted a crisis in the UK taxi market where many drivers were suddenly left uninsured.
Brokers stated that
- Three insurance firms on FSCS insolvency list
- Aspen Risk Management to be placed in runoff
- Aston Lark on cusp of £320m Goldman Sachs investment
- Esure hires former Aviva UKGI boss David McMillan as CEO
- Biba will return to Manchester in 2020
- Aston Lark confirms Goldman Sachs investment deal
- FCA warns of clone MGA