The bankruptcy of unrated Danish provider Alpha Insurance has sent ripples through the UK insurance market.
The writing was on the wall for Alpha, whose specialisms included motor fleet and particularly taxi, at the start of March this year when it stopped writing new business and renewals.
After a filing by its liquidators all existing cover was immediately terminated on 8 May, which prompted a crisis in the UK taxi market where many drivers were suddenly left uninsured.
Brokers stated that
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm
- UKBA: Wilby says cyber win encourages new business
- FCA data reveals fall in complaints in second half of 2018
- Experts urge brokers to look over remuneration after FCA warning on GI distribution failings