Mark Crane, technology practice lead at Travelers Europe, has warned brokers of the dangers of not taking the incoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seriously.
Crane told Insurance Age that failing to comply with the new rules, which come into force in May 2018, can expose brokers to “significant risks, from reputational damage to a fine of up to €20m (£17.9m)”.
“Not following the new rules can put their brokerages and the personal data they collect in jeopardy,” he added.
- Mixed feelings from brokers on Aviva's subscription product
- A Plan delivers further profit and turnover growth in 2018
- ICB and Finch owner aiming to double by 2022
- Circle expands again in 2018
- Bluefin fine – 32 FCA staff directly involved in investigation
- L&G's general insurance up for sale - report
- US and UK agree post-Brexit insurance trade deal