Mark Crane, technology practice lead at Travelers Europe, has warned brokers of the dangers of not taking the incoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) seriously.
Crane told Insurance Age that failing to comply with the new rules, which come into force in May 2018, can expose brokers to “significant risks, from reputational damage to a fine of up to €20m (£17.9m)”.
“Not following the new rules can put their brokerages and the personal data they collect in jeopardy,” he added.
- Premium Credit explains taking system offline
- MMC confirms up to 3,750 jobs in danger from JLT takeover
- MMC boss Dan Glaser lifts the lid on the 11 day JLT deal
- Ex broker jailed for £140,000 fraud
- Gallagher and Ardonagh in legal dispute
- Brokers see opportunity in MMC’s JLT takeover
- Broker named on FSCS insolvency list