Ageas UK chief executive officer Andy Watson has stated he is “very pleased and encouraged” by the underlying performance of the insurer in 2017.
“In a year where we’ve still had a residual Ogden impact it’s very encouraging that our results are showing the progress that we are making,” Watson told Insurance Age.
The provider’s UK business posted a net profit of €29m in 2017 (2016: loss of €156m) after revealing a €46m Ogden hit.
Its gross written premium (GWP) in motor dropped slightly compa
- Aviva denies being on “big crusade on broker commissions”
- Simply Business reveals losses for 2017
- CII targeting December 2018 for chartered MGA status
- Brokers have "heads in the sand" around succession, says Aviva's Bayles
- Allianz takes new CFO from Ageas
- #Insagepeople: 20 - 26 August 2018
- Amazon ponders UK aggregator site - reports