Ageas UK chief executive officer Andy Watson has stated he is “very pleased and encouraged” by the underlying performance of the insurer in 2017.
“In a year where we’ve still had a residual Ogden impact it’s very encouraging that our results are showing the progress that we are making,” Watson told Insurance Age.
The provider’s UK business posted a net profit of €29m in 2017 (2016: loss of €156m) after revealing a €46m Ogden hit.
Its gross written premium (GWP) in motor dropped slightly compa
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Trade credit insurer pay-outs at highest level since 2009
- GDPR: What do brokers need to know?
- Meet the techies: Tobias Taupitz
- Podcast: The top five stories of the week
- Aston Lark buys Ingram Hawkins and Nock
- Carole Nash and Axa remain committed to Republic of Ireland bike market