Former Axa head of global SME initiatives Matthew Reed has launched a start-up managing general agent, Insurance Age can reveal.
Equipsme will start selling its healthcare product for SMEs through general insurance brokers on 1 March this year.
The product is underwritten by Axa PPP and the insurer has also provided the financial backing for the new venture.
Reed left Axa in January 2016. He joined the insurer as managing director of intermediary and direct in April 2011 and moved to a global
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm