Former Axa head of global SME initiatives Matthew Reed has launched a start-up managing general agent, Insurance Age can reveal.
Equipsme will start selling its healthcare product for SMEs through general insurance brokers on 1 March this year.
The product is underwritten by Axa PPP and the insurer has also provided the financial backing for the new venture.
Reed left Axa in January 2016. He joined the insurer as managing director of intermediary and direct in April 2011 and moved to a global
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted