Insurers including Allianz are expressing interest in buying XL Group, reports Bloomberg.
According to the article, interest from insurers is preliminary and may not lead to a deal, but sources told Bloomberg that Allianz was looking to grow its property & casualty business in the US and that XL was a potential target.
XL Group has a reported value of almost $10bn.
Both Allianz and XL Group declined to comment when approached by Insurance Age.
Allianz has made a number of acquisitions
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- MVP snaps up stake in Ataraxia as Stuart Randall exits
- InsurTech Futures: By Miles launches pay-as-you-go motor policy
- Insurance Cares: FCA plans ‘vulnerable customers’ consultation
- FCA prepares for hard Brexit
- CII names Jonathan Clark as new president
- MVP the “ideal partner” for Ataraxia, says Stuart Randall