Insurers including Allianz are expressing interest in buying XL Group, reports Bloomberg.
According to the article, interest from insurers is preliminary and may not lead to a deal, but sources told Bloomberg that Allianz was looking to grow its property & casualty business in the US and that XL was a potential target.
XL Group has a reported value of almost $10bn.
Both Allianz and XL Group declined to comment when approached by Insurance Age.
Allianz has made a number of acquisitions
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Amanda Blanc “exceptionally pleased” with UK & Ireland performance
- Axa UK & Ireland COR improves to 96.3% for 2017
- Biba, ABI and Lloyd’s join InsurTech Board
- Blog: Building an MGA is not for the faint-hearted