Insurers including Allianz are expressing interest in buying XL Group, reports Bloomberg.
According to the article, interest from insurers is preliminary and may not lead to a deal, but sources told Bloomberg that Allianz was looking to grow its property & casualty business in the US and that XL was a potential target.
XL Group has a reported value of almost $10bn.
Both Allianz and XL Group declined to comment when approached by Insurance Age.
Allianz has made a number of acquisitions
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData