The legal and regulatory framework needs updating to meet the demands of autonomous vehicles, according to David Powell, head of non-marine underwriting at Lloyd’s Market Association.
At a lecture at Lloyd’s of London on 11 January, Powell highlighted that significant changes to the insurance industry are imminent.
“The government is keen to embrace incoming technology and it doesn’t want anything, including insurance issues, to get in the way of this,” Powell stated.
This was made evident wh
- Das v Asplin: Guilty three sentenced to 15 years
- CII investigating disciplinary action for Paul Asplin after conviction
- Resisting Toba change would be “lunacy” – Tim Ryan
- Whiplash reforms delayed until 2020
- Biba launches industry standardised Toba template
- Brokerbility targeting up to 10 new members
- One Broker axes KTIB brand