The legal and regulatory framework needs updating to meet the demands of autonomous vehicles, according to David Powell, head of non-marine underwriting at Lloyd’s Market Association.
At a lecture at Lloyd’s of London on 11 January, Powell highlighted that significant changes to the insurance industry are imminent.
“The government is keen to embrace incoming technology and it doesn’t want anything, including insurance issues, to get in the way of this,” Powell stated.
This was made evident wh
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData