The legal and regulatory framework needs updating to meet the demands of autonomous vehicles, according to David Powell, head of non-marine underwriting at Lloyd’s Market Association.
At a lecture at Lloyd’s of London on 11 January, Powell highlighted that significant changes to the insurance industry are imminent.
“The government is keen to embrace incoming technology and it doesn’t want anything, including insurance issues, to get in the way of this,” Powell stated.
This was made evident wh
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- FCA issues another clone broker warning
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Podcast: Certus' Ben Welsh looks at the top five stories of the week
- Axa XL to move EU arm to Dublin