The legal and regulatory framework needs updating to meet the demands of autonomous vehicles, according to David Powell, head of non-marine underwriting at Lloyd’s Market Association.
At a lecture at Lloyd’s of London on 11 January, Powell highlighted that significant changes to the insurance industry are imminent.
“The government is keen to embrace incoming technology and it doesn’t want anything, including insurance issues, to get in the way of this,” Powell stated.
This was made evident wh
- £500,000 Gallagher fraudster jailed for 34 months
- Ardonagh sells remaining Broker Network stake in £30m deal
- Interview: Staysure’s Ryan Howsam
- The Burley Group buys Grace Corporate Insurance Services
- Car insurance premiums rose 8% in 2017
- Stuart Vann out at Esure
- Lark and Aston Scott to rebrand as Aston Lark