Andrew Bailey, chief executive officer of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), has urged the government to solve the problem of passporting rights post Brexit.
Speaking to Bloomberg, Bailey stated that passporting rights are “critical” to maintaining insurance contracts between the UK and the rest of the European Union.
He further highlighted that the problem is solvable, but “if it isn’t solved it is a big issue”.
“If the passporting both inwards and outwards of the UK falls away without a
- FCA warns on clone of Ellis David Insurance Brokers
- Vantage owner, NSM, buys UK motor MGA
- Covéa boss Simon Cooter to leave in 2019
- InsurTech Futures: Ex-Brokerbility and Aviva expert targets on-demand market
- Miller buys Alston Gayler and Co
- Blog: Does your board meet FCA standards?
- Hyperion launches new technology division