Andrew Bailey, chief executive officer of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), has urged the government to solve the problem of passporting rights post Brexit.
Speaking to Bloomberg, Bailey stated that passporting rights are “critical” to maintaining insurance contracts between the UK and the rest of the European Union.
He further highlighted that the problem is solvable, but “if it isn’t solved it is a big issue”.
“If the passporting both inwards and outwards of the UK falls away without a
- Broker Network buys Knighthood Corporate Assurance Services
- Carole Nash and Axa remain committed to Republic of Ireland bike market
- Biba signs Women in Finance Charter
- MCE blames Brexit as it pulls out of Republic of Ireland
- GDPR: What do brokers need to know?
- Markel stops writing London open market property
- Aston Lark buys Ingram Hawkins and Nock