Andrew Bailey, chief executive officer of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), has urged the government to solve the problem of passporting rights post Brexit.
Speaking to Bloomberg, Bailey stated that passporting rights are “critical” to maintaining insurance contracts between the UK and the rest of the European Union.
He further highlighted that the problem is solvable, but “if it isn’t solved it is a big issue”.
“If the passporting both inwards and outwards of the UK falls away without a
- Former Axa claims handler jailed for fraud
- GRP’s County Group buys Guardian in "first of many" deals
- Finch Insurance Brokers returns to profitable growth in 2017
- Trident switches from Open GI to Applied Systems
- Providers prepare for FCA affordability rule changes hitting premium finance
- Clear secures refinancing deal with ECI Partners
- SEIB looking for more deals after Equicover book buy