Markel International is set to buy specialist underwriter ECIC for an undisclosed sum.
According to Markel the contracts have been signed and the deal is expected to complete in the final quarter of this year.
The ultimate parent of ECIC is the Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA) and the documents were signed following approval from the ECA council.
ECIC noted in a statement: “ECA was particularly attracted to Markel as the new owner by virtue of its commitment and expertise
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK