Markel International is set to buy specialist underwriter ECIC for an undisclosed sum.
According to Markel the contracts have been signed and the deal is expected to complete in the final quarter of this year.
The ultimate parent of ECIC is the Electrical Contractors’ Association (ECA) and the documents were signed following approval from the ECA council.
ECIC noted in a statement: “ECA was particularly attracted to Markel as the new owner by virtue of its commitment and expertise
- RSA boss Egan "not defensive" about broker criticism
- Andy Briggs to leave Aviva
- Qudos replacement policies reignite unrated debate
- Hiscox report shows cyber attacks are on the up
- Slow take-up of standardised Toba template was expected, says Biba
- Experts predict further changes at Aviva following Briggs' exit
- FCA re-examines duty of care as report warns customers at risk of harm