Qatar Reinsurance Company has made a £500m bid for Sabre, Sky News has reported.
According to the article, the reinsurance company has teamed up with US-based investment firm Centerbridge to attempt to buy Sabre from BC Partners.
Insurance Age reported on 24 May this year that BC Partners was looking to sell the firm, and that it was also exploring plans for a Stock Exchange listing for the insurer.
Centerbridge and Qatar Re are reportedly competing against private equity firm Warburg P
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution