NFU Mutual has posted a profit for 2016 of £1.03bn, nearly three times the £359m achieved in 2015.
The rural insurer confirmed it had benefited from benign weather and a strong investment performance.
The provider described the year as "very good for stock markets and commercial property" as it revealed that overall investment assets under management by the group increased by £2.5bn in 2016 to £18.8bn.
The underwriting profit slipped to £151m for the year from £281m in the previous 12
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Elite proposes solvency scheme to avoid liquidation
- Momentum Broker Solutions unveils 2018 results
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product