Lloyd's of London has introduced a day-time alcohol ban which could see employees fired for gross misconduct if they are caught breaking the rule.
According to an article by the Evening Standard, an internal memo to employees revealed that the 9am to 5pm booze ban was introduced after an analysis of disciplinary cases over the last two years found that about half were linked with alcohol misuse.
However, the article further explained that Lloyd's workers have met the new rule with anger, stating
- Andy Fairchild exits Broker Network
- Ed appoints broking CEO
- Members surprised at Fairchild’s Broker Network exit
- InsurTech: Meet the tech insiders
- Stackhouse Poland buys Property Insurance Initiatives
- Broking success: Toby Clegg, chief executive officer, Clegg Gifford
- Call for evidence on discount rate setting welcomed