Lloyd's of London has introduced a day-time alcohol ban which could see employees fired for gross misconduct if they are caught breaking the rule.
According to an article by the Evening Standard, an internal memo to employees revealed that the 9am to 5pm booze ban was introduced after an analysis of disciplinary cases over the last two years found that about half were linked with alcohol misuse.
However, the article further explained that Lloyd's workers have met the new rule with anger, stating
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- Three directors out as Policy Expert buys loss-making Sure Thing!
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Markel launches tech sector proposition
- Zurich-owned N&G launches new small craft product