Lloyd's of London has introduced a day-time alcohol ban which could see employees fired for gross misconduct if they are caught breaking the rule.
According to an article by the Evening Standard, an internal memo to employees revealed that the 9am to 5pm booze ban was introduced after an analysis of disciplinary cases over the last two years found that about half were linked with alcohol misuse.
However, the article further explained that Lloyd's workers have met the new rule with anger, stating
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- One Call’s Radford launches motor broker
- Saga considering sale of Bennetts for second time, say reports
- Lloyd's reveals soaring profit for H1 2019
- Markel not going into broking following Caunce O'Hara deal
- Uber boss joins Inshur following partnership deal
- TL Dallas posts turnover and profit growth for 2018
- Granite to create 300 new jobs