The average cost of a comprehensive car insurance policy rose by 3 percent in the third quarter of 2016, according to the latest Confused.com Car Insurance Price Index in association with Willis Towers Watson.
According to the index the price movement represented a slowdown from the 6.5 percent increase in the preceding quarter, but the average car premium in the UK has risen by over £100 (17.3 percent) in the past year to £737.
Third party, fire and theft policies rose by 1.7 percent in the
The Insurance Age team examine the most read stories for the week commencing 3 June 2019.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Tokio Marine Kiln Insurance to go into run-off
- GRP-owned Sagars buys Thomas Cook
- PIB's £50m spending on brokers in 2018 revealed
- Insurers could face fines for £4bn dual pricing "rip off"
- Hiscox creates Cyber Exposure Calculator
- Adrian Brown becomes NED at SSP
- Waite-led Premium Credit takes Howells from Close Brothers and Thomas from RSA