The cost of motor insurance has stalled for the first time in a year, according to the latest Confused.com Car Insurance Price Index in association with Willis Towers Watson.
According to the findings, the average comprehensive premium held at £671 during the first quarter, even though price movements varied between segments.
Third party, fire and theft (TPFT) prices fell very slightly by £1, or 0.1% on average, to £1,128.
The first quarter price movements follow annual price rises in 2015 of 13
The Insurance Age team unpick the most recent and most popular stories.Subscribe to our daily newsletter for all the latest news
- Hobbs reveals Allianz’s £35m debut at Lloyd’s
- UK Broker Awards: Winners revealed
- Samways retires after decade at Miles Smith
- Clear set to make more deals this year
- Clive Edwards becomes CEO of Aspen Insurance UK
- Tokio Marine Kiln restructures management
- FSCS pays out to Lamp GAP and health customers