According to the Confused.com Car Insurance Price Index in association with Towers Watson, car insurance prices rose by a fraction between June and September.
Comprehensive premiums ticked up by 0.4% and third party, fire and theft policies rose by 0.2% in the period.
The increase in prices this quarter slowed the annualised rate of price reduction down. Average comprehensive premiums have fallen by 10.7% across the UK since September last year, compared to 14.6% for the twelve months to June
- Ardonagh closes 24 Swinton branches
- Mactavish chases “ultimate failure” £30m British Steel claim
- Mactavish names all British Steel insurers
- Brokers warned over admin fees and commission
- Lamp’s proposed liquidation sparks debate on insurer stability and ratings
- Gibraltar insurer, Lamp, goes into liquidation amid insolvency
- Ardonagh losses decrease for Q1