Small to medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) are in danger of missing out on new fire prevention laws that make individuals responsible for staff and buildings, according to the Passive Fire Protection Federation (PFPF).
From 1 October 2006, the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order (RRO) 2005 states that anyone responsible for premises must carry out a fire safety-risk assessment or face enforcement action or prosecution from the fire and rescue service.
David Sugden, chairman of the PFPF, said t
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017