The insurance industry may be asked to provide additional funding forthe UK's flood defences after floods minister Elliott Morley refused torule out the move.
Mr Morley was launching a series of wholesale changes to the organisationand funding of the UK's flood and coastal defence works. One key issueraised was the future levying of charges on developers who build onfloodplains to help fund the improvements - a scheme which might come intoforce as soon as 2005.
"The concept is that those who g
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future