The insurance industry may be asked to provide additional funding forthe UK's flood defences after floods minister Elliott Morley refused torule out the move.
Mr Morley was launching a series of wholesale changes to the organisationand funding of the UK's flood and coastal defence works. One key issueraised was the future levying of charges on developers who build onfloodplains to help fund the improvements - a scheme which might come intoforce as soon as 2005.
"The concept is that those who g
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel