Two former directors of Doncaster-based brokerage Preston Whiteside have been jailed for defrauding more than 500 clients in Northern Ireland and England.
Paul Newton and Matthew Walker were sentenced to 15 months and 8 months, respectively, and were both disqualified as company directors for seven years. The firm's main area of business was providing public liability and employers' liability insurance for small businesses and tradesmen.
Until the summer of 2002, Preston Whiteside placed North
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall