Two former directors of Doncaster-based brokerage Preston Whiteside have been jailed for defrauding more than 500 clients in Northern Ireland and England.
Paul Newton and Matthew Walker were sentenced to 15 months and 8 months, respectively, and were both disqualified as company directors for seven years. The firm's main area of business was providing public liability and employers' liability insurance for small businesses and tradesmen.
Until the summer of 2002, Preston Whiteside placed North
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal