Two recent Court of Appeal rulings have left businesses in a stronger position to defeat compensation claims from injured contractors, according to law firm DWF.
Both cases were brought under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
In the case of Mason v Satelcom and East Potential, a field service engineer working for Satelcom fell off a ladder while attempting to repair a machine located at the premises of East Potential but owned by a third company.
A trial judge ordere
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges