Two recent Court of Appeal rulings have left businesses in a stronger position to defeat compensation claims from injured contractors, according to law firm DWF.
Both cases were brought under the Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER).
In the case of Mason v Satelcom and East Potential, a field service engineer working for Satelcom fell off a ladder while attempting to repair a machine located at the premises of East Potential but owned by a third company.
A trial judge ordere
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti