Aviva posted a global operating profit of #1.79bn for 2002, on theback of lower life profits but a small increase in returns from itsgeneral book. The global profit was down against the 2001 figure of#1.98bn, but group chief executive Richard Harvey described the results as"robust".
In the non-life market, the company's worldwide combined operating ratiowas 101.4%, compared to last year's figure of 104%. Its worldwide combinedoperating ratio on continuing operations was 101.7% (2001: 103%)
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ex-AA boss Bob Mackenzie seeking up to £225m in damages
- The Blog Spot: Filling in the Blanc?