Highway has reported a fall in profit before tax to £19.1m from £27.3m last year, although the insurer remained optimistic that it would see increased returns in 2007.
Gross written premiums fell to £241.3m from £253.7m last year, while the company operating ratio rose to 98.9% compared with 96.4% in 2005. The motor insurer said that despite tough market conditions last year, it was looking to increase the amount of business handed over to its insurance company by its retail broking division.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Two thirds of UK manufacturers lack cyber insurance cover
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- SSP adds Pex Insure to panel