For the first time ever insurers are devoting more of their marketing budget to existing customers than to prospecting activity, according to a report by mailing messaging specialist Pitney Bowes. It claims that the insurance industry allocates 52% of its marketing budget to communicating with existing customers. This has risen from 41% in 2003. The 2005 survey targeted marketers from a sample of the UK's top 1,000 companies.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall