Groupama Insurances reported a 6% increase in revenue for 2008 from £408m in 2007 to over £432m. However, the French mutual also reported a £4.6m drop in pre-tax profits from £23m in 2007 to £18.5m last year.
Groupama's CEO Francois-Xavier Boisseau put the drop in profit down to a rise in fraudulent claims on top of difficult trading conditions.
He added: "It has been a tough year for underwriting and investment and our profits have dropped as a result. One of the key drivers was a significant inc
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- Verisk to buy Sequel for £250m
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution