The news of Bradford & Bingley's £650,000 fine from the Financial Services Authority (FSA) for mis-selling of precipice bonds may appear on the face of it to contain few lessons for the insurance broking community.
However a closer look quickly shows its direct relevance in terms of risk management. As we well know, high standards of risk management are key criteria when underwriters are quoting for the professional indemnity (PI) insurance of a broking business.
The FSA highlighted failures i
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData