The news of Bradford & Bingley's £650,000 fine from the Financial Services Authority (FSA) for mis-selling of precipice bonds may appear on the face of it to contain few lessons for the insurance broking community.
However a closer look quickly shows its direct relevance in terms of risk management. As we well know, high standards of risk management are key criteria when underwriters are quoting for the professional indemnity (PI) insurance of a broking business.
The FSA highlighted failures i
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley