Insurers, brokers and outsourcers are set to face a significant increase in tax costs following a European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruling that VAT should be charged where back-office services, relating to insurance, have been outsourced.
In the case, referred by the Dutch Supreme Court, the ECJ ruled that back-office services provided by Accenture to a Dutch unit of Allianz, Universal Life do not qualify for exemption when it comes to VAT.
According to the judgment, these activities "do not
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019