Insurers, brokers and outsourcers are set to face a significant increase in tax costs following a European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruling that VAT should be charged where back-office services, relating to insurance, have been outsourced.
In the case, referred by the Dutch Supreme Court, the ECJ ruled that back-office services provided by Accenture to a Dutch unit of Allianz, Universal Life do not qualify for exemption when it comes to VAT.
According to the judgment, these activities "do not con
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints