Aviva has announced that additional job losses will be necessary as part of its drive for greater financial efficiency throughout the group.
The announcement came as group chief executive Andrew Moss outlined Aviva's strategy at a presentation to investors and analysts in New York.
Mr Moss refused to put a specific figure on the number of job losses, but confirmed that it would make up part of the £350m a year that the insurer plans to save. A total of £200m of this will come from its UK
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018