The Association of British Insurers (ABI) has been criticised for not promoting one of its own industry-wide initiatives that could potentially aid travellers caught up in disasters such as Hurricane Katrina.
Following the Asian tsunami disaster an industry-wide initiative led by the ABI Travel Committee saw the setting up of a central database on its website which would provide details of insurers and particularly of underwriters of branded schemes for consumers.
The spreadsheet, which has da
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal