The Association of British Insurers (ABI) has been criticised for not promoting one of its own industry-wide initiatives that could potentially aid travellers caught up in disasters such as Hurricane Katrina.
Following the Asian tsunami disaster an industry-wide initiative led by the ABI Travel Committee saw the setting up of a central database on its website which would provide details of insurers and particularly of underwriters of branded schemes for consumers.
The spreadsheet, which has da
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall