LV has confirmed acquisition talks with Highway Insurance Group, after it revealed a recommended cash offer for the share capital - valued at approximately £150m - for the broker-only insurer.
At the time of going to press, LV said in a Stock Exchange announcement that Highway shareholders would receive 75p in cash for each share held.
In a statement, LV said the acquisition would help to "accelerate its ambitions in the broker underwriting channel, allowing it to add scale and expertise as well a
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five