Brokers have been warned that a House of Lords judgement, which ruled in favour of thousands of taxpaying family businesses across the UK, including many broker firms, may be overturned to their disadvantage.
The initial judgement, in the long-running case of Jones v Garnett, had effectively prevented HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) from demanding back-dated tax claims from thousands of family businesses.
The case related to Geoff Jones and his wife Diana - who spent five to six hours per week
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019