As the credit crunch wrangles on, insurers are seeing evidence of increasing underwriting fraud, costing honest motor insurance customers between £50 and £60 per policy.
In an attempt to slash the price of motor insurance premiums, people are declaring false information, perhaps unaware that their insurance may be invalid as a consequence.
Simon Warsop, director of motor pricing at Norwich Union, said: "Fortunately, the majority of customers are entirely honest and provide accurate, fully
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019