Cox has denied that the insurer has insufficient reserves to meet its existing and future claims after the collapse of its takeover deal with Highway Insurance.
The statement said that Cox wished to correct a number of 'material inaccuracies' contained in recent press reports.
It goes on to say: "The termination of discussions with Highway was initiated by Cox after its board concluded that a transaction would not be suitable either to Cox's net assets, or its earnings based upon the expected
- Majority of brokers say GDPR will have negative impact
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- ICO court case against Hiscox collapses
- Seventeen Group buys Rupert Burgoyne
- Clear buys Robert Alexander
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- InsurTech Futures: Zurich unveils InsurTech and innovation brand