Motor insurance brokers are continuing to feel the pressure as non insurance brands announce buoyant 2004 sales.
Tesco, which claims to be the fastest growing motor insurer in the UK ever, told Insurance Age it had issued 600,000 new policies in 2004. The retailer which launched in 2000 now has 1.4 million policies in force and holds just under 8% of the car insurance market.
Allan Burns, head of insurance at Tesco said: "We have had major success through our promotions in petrol filling sales
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018