The acquisition of brokers by insurers has had a significant impact on deal values in the insurance broking sector, with earning multiples rising by more than 25% during the past year. According to Deloitte, multiples in excess of 10 times had been achieved in many insurance merger and acquisition deals in the past year, a rise from the seven to eight times that was typically paid prior to 2006. Ian Clark, insurance partner at Deloitte, said: "The interest of insurers in acquiring
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products