As the credit crunch wrangles on, insurers are seeing evidence of increasing underwriting fraud, costing honest motor insurance customers between £50 and £60 per policy.
In an attempt to slash the price of motor insurance premiums, people are declaring false information, perhaps unaware that their insurance may be invalid as a consequence.
Simon Warsop, director of motor pricing at Norwich Union, said: "Fortunately, the majority of customers are entirely honest and provide accurate, fully
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK