Swinton has set aside £100m for its acquisition team, headed by Hazel Walker, to fast track purchases and help brokers benefit from the current acquisition rules. The firm said it was anticipating acquisition activity in the market to increase in the coming months, as brokers rushed to sell their businesses ahead of the Capital Gains Tax reforms, which come into force on 6 April 2008. During 2007, Swinton acquired approximately £50m of gross premium income.
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData