Swinton has set aside £100m for its acquisition team, headed by Hazel Walker, to fast track purchases and help brokers benefit from the current acquisition rules. The firm said it was anticipating acquisition activity in the market to increase in the coming months, as brokers rushed to sell their businesses ahead of the Capital Gains Tax reforms, which come into force on 6 April 2008. During 2007, Swinton acquired approximately £50m of gross premium income.
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Meet the Expo Leeds panellists: Jon Newall