Swinton has set aside £100m for its acquisition team, headed by Hazel Walker, to fast track purchases and help brokers benefit from the current acquisition rules. The firm said it was anticipating acquisition activity in the market to increase in the coming months, as brokers rushed to sell their businesses ahead of the Capital Gains Tax reforms, which come into force on 6 April 2008. During 2007, Swinton acquired approximately £50m of gross premium income.
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products