UK companies are wasting up to £1.5m and twenty-four months on developing unnecessary web-based applications each time they offshore business processes, according to a survey by IT services consultancy, Centrix.
The survey of 100 large UK companies found that they are sending a wide range of business processes - together with their associated software applications - offshore for processing, and then emailing them back to the UK.
This in turn, says the company, creates an increase in demand for
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- Clear plots buying spree to double GWP by 2022
- Ansvar launches two charity products
- Ascot launches new MGA and hires Michael Sillat to lead
- InsurTech Futures: Hiscox partners with start-up Digital Fineprint
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- Ecclesiastical's pre-tax profit surges with investment returns in first half of 2017