Motor insurance rates will remain flat and highly competitive in 2005 but there is no danger of another price war, according to Datamonitor's UK Motor Insurance 2004/5 report.
James Greenwell, financial services analyst at Datamonitor and author of the report, said he expected growth to range between -3% and 0% this year as insurers strive to hold onto existing customers and attract new business with innovative pricing deals in an increasingly competitive market.
He said: "With the emergence o
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five