Motor insurance rates will remain flat and highly competitive in 2005 but there is no danger of another price war, according to Datamonitor's UK Motor Insurance 2004/5 report.
James Greenwell, financial services analyst at Datamonitor and author of the report, said he expected growth to range between -3% and 0% this year as insurers strive to hold onto existing customers and attract new business with innovative pricing deals in an increasingly competitive market.
He said: "With the emergence
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019
- Podcast: Top five stories this week with Axa's Jon Walker
- Blog: How is the debate around cyber affecting clients?
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- AI anti-fraud measures receive Government backing
- InsurTech Futures: Tapoly unveils broker platform for on demand products