Over a third of Britain's small firms want their business to stay the same size, or at least do not want to recruit any more employees, according to the latest NatWest/SERTeam Quarterly Survey of Small Business.
The proportion of older respondents wanting to remain at their current size is even higher (41%).
Half of Britain's small businesses prefer to measure business growth by the number of sales that they generate, 38% base it on profits and far fewer (2%) measure it in terms of market shar
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future
- Meet the techies: Richard Hartley