Over a third of Britain's small firms want their business to stay the same size, or at least do not want to recruit any more employees, according to the latest NatWest/SERTeam Quarterly Survey of Small Business.
The proportion of older respondents wanting to remain at their current size is even higher (41%).
Half of Britain's small businesses prefer to measure business growth by the number of sales that they generate, 38% base it on profits and far fewer (2%) measure it in terms of market
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019