Over a third of Britain's small firms want their business to stay the same size, or at least do not want to recruit any more employees, according to the latest NatWest/SERTeam Quarterly Survey of Small Business.
The proportion of older respondents wanting to remain at their current size is even higher (41%).
Half of Britain's small businesses prefer to measure business growth by the number of sales that they generate, 38% base it on profits and far fewer (2%) measure it in terms of market shar
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData