Norwich Union (NU) is to enter the car-sales industry with the launch of a new website on which customers can buy imported and UK vehicles.
NU's site yournucar.com went online two weeks ago, offering lease cars, but this month sees the launch of its car purchase system via which the insurer aims to offer motorists discount vehicles.
The move is seen by the insurer as a natural progression from the sale of motor insurance. It believes the economies of scale it enjoys as one of the UK's biggest
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Staysure snaps up travel rival Avanti
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- GWP slips to $2.39bn at QBE Europe in half year results
- Hiscox adds drone cover and more to home insurance product