The potential for groundwater flooding has grown due to the increase in extreme downpours and Sir Michael Pitt’s interim report on the causes and consequences of the floods released earlier this week has highlighted groundwater as an area that needs monitoring.
It has been estimated that it can affect several hundred thousand properties in the UK, making the issue more urgent and highlighting a need for further work in this area.
The British Geological Survey (BGS) developed the first nation
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Do you know what to do if you get hacked?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData
- Allianz to delist Euler Hermes on 27 April