The potential for groundwater flooding has grown due to the increase in extreme downpours and Sir Michael Pitt’s interim report on the causes and consequences of the floods released earlier this week has highlighted groundwater as an area that needs monitoring.
It has been estimated that it can affect several hundred thousand properties in the UK, making the issue more urgent and highlighting a need for further work in this area.
The British Geological Survey (BGS) developed the first
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018