Highway’s share price rose sharply this morning as news emerged of a possible takeover bid.
In a statement to the London Stock Exchange, the board of Highway noted the discussions “may or may not lead to an offer for the company” and that the terms of any offer remain uncertain.
The share price soared from just over 49p this morning to more than 60p.
It stated: “In accordance with Rule 2.10 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers, Highway confirms that it has in issue 204,331,668 ordinary
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal
- Eldon Insurance states none of its data was used by Leave.eu campaign
- Stackhouse Poland buys Honour Point
- Close Brothers and other creditors to lose out following collapse of Ignition Select
- Primassure moves from SSP and Open GI to Applied
- Is the talent pool drying up?
- Aggregators eating into SME business – GlobalData