Highway’s share price rose sharply this morning as news emerged of a possible takeover bid.
In a statement to the London Stock Exchange, the board of Highway noted the discussions “may or may not lead to an offer for the company” and that the terms of any offer remain uncertain.
The share price soared from just over 49p this morning to more than 60p.
It stated: “In accordance with Rule 2.10 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers, Highway confirms that it has in issue 204,331,668 ordinary
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services
- Gadget insurance aggregator launched
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- Profits soar at Bollington in 2016
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- UK businesses “unprepared for a cyber shock”
- In-depth - Personal lines: The omni-channel future