Highway’s share price rose sharply this morning as news emerged of a possible takeover bid.
In a statement to the London Stock Exchange, the board of Highway noted the discussions “may or may not lead to an offer for the company” and that the terms of any offer remain uncertain.
The share price soared from just over 49p this morning to more than 60p.
It stated: “In accordance with Rule 2.10 of the City Code on Takeovers and Mergers, Highway confirms that it has in issue 204,331,668 ordinary
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Consolidation opens up opportunities, says Romero boss
- Ghost broker jailed for two years
- Up to 275 jobs at risk at Axa XL in the UK