Net written premium was also reduced from £3.13bn in 2006 to £2.95bn according to results published this morning.
Overall parent Aviva reported - general insurance and health profit down 34% to £560m across the group and reiterated exceptional UK weather losses of £235m. Net written GI and health premium worldwide was down 4% to £5.5bn.
Despite the losses Aviva’s combined operating ratio at 97%, was ahead of ‘meet or beat’ commitment of 98% but way below last year’s 92%. The UK COR was 102%.
- Das v Asplin: Guilty three sentenced to 15 years
- CII investigating disciplinary action for Paul Asplin after conviction
- Resisting Toba change would be “lunacy” – Tim Ryan
- Whiplash reforms delayed until 2020
- Biba launches industry standardised Toba template
- Brokerbility targeting up to 10 new members
- One Broker axes KTIB brand