AA added the Shoparound index, which better reflects the premiums paid after buyers shop around, has also risen as buyers can now expect to shell out £486 for their annual comprehensive cover: £10 (2%) more than three months ago and a rise of £39 (8.7%) since this time last year.
The average quoted premium for third party, fire and theft cover, typically bought by young drivers, has reduced fractionally (by just 0.6% to £879).
Simon Douglas, director of AA Insurance, said: “Despite these
- Profits up at Allianz in 2018
- Laurent Matras takes interim Axa retail MD role as Gareth Howell departs
- Market moves: Across the board
- Legal Protection Group confirms loss of Inter Hannover capacity
- Regional review: Cardiff
- Towergate’s Andy Parkin resurfaces at Gauntlet
- Allianz prepared for "turbulent" 2019