Claims resulting from instances of fire are down nearly 70% from the level in 2006 (69 per cent) – accounting for 21%of claims so far this year.
Steve Bracey, managing director at Lockton’s Real Estate & Construction, said: “There has been a marked increase in the number of water escape claims – with the statistics for 2007 already at 28 per cent – up from 16 per cent last year. These figures highlight that this danger is not just a problem for the construction industry.
“Residential and com
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five