The staff and office location of SEIB, which controls approximately £28m in gross written premium, will remain unchanged but a new board will be formed.
Ecclesiastical’s group chief executive, Michael Tripp, takes up the chairmanship and Barry Fehler, MD of SEIB assumes the role of deputy chairman.
Steve Wood, MD of Ecclesiastical’s UK and Ireland business will also sit on the board.
Commenting on the purchase, Mr Wood said: “We have been reviewing our distribution capability, especially in
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- AIG sets up “Brexit-resilient” structure
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- Brunel Insurance Brokers achieves chartered status
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ardonagh picks up selected renewal rights from Ageas Retail in £7m deal