Glasgow, IFSD, has attracted £750m investment, 13,000 jobs and insurance companies located there include esure, Direct Line, ACE and CGNU.
The survey, which looked at the cost of living in major expat destinations worldwide, showed that Glasgow was significantly cheaper than London (2nd) and Dublin (16th) for a range of expenses; from property and travel to sundry living expenses.
This balances with the quality of life factors that position Glasgow as one of the most desirable places to live
- Losses bite at Ageas Retail after Kwik Fit closure
- David Charles steps down as head of PIB-owned Cooke & Mason
- New motor fleet MGA launched
- Lark boosts profit ahead of Aston Scott merger
- Ageas teams up with CDL on Flood Re solution
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Broking Break - Your Top Five