Swinton has made this move as it is anticipating acquisition activity to increase in the coming months as brokers rush to sell their businesses ahead of the capital gains tax reforms which come into force on April 6 2008.
Generally, business owners and shareholders selling business assets before the end of the current tax year, on or before 5 April 2008, will pay tax on any profit made at a rate of 10%, rising to 18% for disposals on or after 6 April 2008, an 80% increase in tax.
- Tasker Insurance names Robert Organ as new CEO
- ASA reveals insurance advertising complaints
- Bennett Christmas buys Horsham-based Slade Edwards Insurance
- Ex Towergate and Bluefin boss Kenny Hogg joins Gallagher as Scotland lead
- Confused.com sees profits halve for start of 2017
- Bollington's Paul Moors hails "excellent" results for 2016
- One Broker buys Gibbs Denley Insurance Services