Swinton has made this move as it is anticipating acquisition activity to increase in the coming months as brokers rush to sell their businesses ahead of the capital gains tax reforms which come into force on April 6 2008.
Generally, business owners and shareholders selling business assets before the end of the current tax year, on or before 5 April 2008, will pay tax on any profit made at a rate of 10%, rising to 18% for disposals on or after 6 April 2008, an 80% increase in tax.
- Towergate owners post £261m loss for 2017
- Ardonagh looking at deals worth £500m
- Das v Asplin: Prosecution outlines arguments on fraud charges
- InsurTech Futures: Gadget and motor products go live on Brolly
- Ex-Das CEO Paul Asplin stands trial for fraud
- Ensurance adds combined construction liability policy
- FCA data reveals huge surge in PPI complaints