Additionally, firms taking deposits will have to pay £406m to cover costs arising from bank defaults in 2008. While the announced figure was lower than initial estimates of £435m, additional levies will be expected, with the FCSC planning to announce the final 2008-2009 amounts in the early summer so it will be able to meet loan interest payments to the Treasury in the fall.
The FSCS has announced a planned general levy of £156m on financial services firms in 2009-2010.
Compensation costs will be
- Swinton puts 268 people at risk of redundancy
- Steve Lewis confident RSA UK will “bounce back” in 2018
- Cyber hacks reported to FCA by financial firms hit 69 in 2017
- Jon Dye brands 2017 as “landmark” year for Allianz in UK
- CBL Insurance Europe ordered to stop writing new business immediately
- RSA UK reports falling profits in 2017
- Ageas UK moves back into profit in 2017